- Account types: Checking, savings, cash, credit cards, loans, assets, liabilities, lines of credit, money market, investments, and 401k accounts can all be managed in iBank.
- Debt/loan management: Keep tabs on your loans with iBank 5's improved set of debt management tools. Track interest vs. principal, variable interest rates and payment schedules more accurately, and incorporate loans in your budgets.
- Hide/show accounts: Keep your finances clutter-free by hiding unused accounts. Your historical records stay just a few clicks away, stored unobtrusively.
- Smart accounts: Like iTunes for your money - dynamically view transactions according to account, payee, memo, amount, and/or category information.
- Account groups: Organize your accounts into folders to reduce clutter and total up your balances quickly.
- Account details: Set a minimum balance, link to your bank's webpage, store your account number for reference, keep notes about the account and much more.
- Streamlined input: Edit transactions directly in the account register using a familiar check-style editor. iBank 5 offers improved keyboard entry for mouse-free record-keeping!
- FaceTime camera integration: Snap a photo with your camera (or choose any image, PDF or file on your Mac) and attach it to a transaction for a visual record of your purchase - and hit the space bar to pop images up via QuickLook.
- An ounce of prevention: Editing existing transactions requires confirmation, so that you don't accidentally change your records when you thought you were adding new ones.
- Searching: Show only the transactions you want to see by using the search box to locate specific information. iBank 5 also lets you filter transactions by date range or cleared status.
- Split transactions: When is the last time you only bought groceries at the grocery store? Divide any transaction into several parts and categorize each one separately for more accurate record-keeping.
- Transaction templates: Tired of typing in the same deposit over and over again? Let iBank do some of the work for you - it will automatically create templates based on each transaction you enter and make suggestions as you type based on those templates.
- Scheduled transactions: Easily turn any transaction into a repeating event (like those darn utility bills). iBank can alert you when the transaction is due to be posted to your account by putting them straight into the Reminders app.
- Resolve view: This handy new view groups new, matched or uncleared transactions together so you can see what's come in and what's outstanding.
- Statements: Reconcile your iBank accounts with the paper statements you receive from your bank using a familiar statement-like interface.
- Check printing: Fully configurable templates allow you to print your iBank transactions to any check stock, or print the whole check to plain paper!
- Inline importing: Newly streamlined, there's no more import window in iBank 5. Instead, your imported transactions go directly to your register, marked as NEW or MATCHED. Our advanced matching algorithm makes sure duplicates don't appear.
- Direct download: With more robust OFX import than ever, connect directly to hundreds of financial institutions online to download transaction updates automatically and securely.
- Web download: No direct download support for your bank? Log in to your financial institution's website using iBank's integrated browser and download transactions to import, all without ever leaving iBank.
- Direct Access: iBank 5 delivers the same powerful subscription service introduced in iBank for iPad. This optional method automatically updates accounts from over 10,000 banks and financial institutions worldwide and syncs that data to your iPad - all for as little as 11 cents a day.
- Import from Quicken: A new importing engine easily moves your data from Quicken (for PC or Mac), preserving accounts, transactions, categories, investments, security prices and transfers. Switch from Quicken Essentials, Microsoft Money, and many other financial management programs too - supported file formats include QIF, QMTF, OFX and QFX.
- Update everything: Use the single "Update Everything" button on the toolbar to sync devices, fetch transactions for all of your accounts, get Direct Access data and update stock prices. Or set iBank 5 to update automatically when you open a document.
- Import rules: Tired of the junk your bank puts into the transactions you download? Clean up and categorize your transactions before importing them - iBank will learn from the changes you make, edit multiple instances simultaneously, and automatically clean up your data the next time you import.
- Fully customizable: Assign categories (and sub-categories) to your transactions to be able to track them in reports and budgets. Use iBank's built-in category sets for home or business, or create your own!
- Multiple hierarchies: Organize your categories in groups for more effective record-keeping. When creating a report, choose whether to include individual sub-categories or just the main category for overall totals.
- Tax support: Categories can be assigned tax codes for easy reference, and iBank includes a list of US tax codes and their descriptions. When tax time arrives, export data on your tax categories to TXF format for use with TurboTax or other tax software.
- Portability: Store all of your account data in a single document (data file) for easy backup or transfer. Easily create multiple data files for different users.
- Password protection: Prevent unauthorized access to your data by requiring a password every time your iBank document is opened. To encrypt your data, simply turn on Apple's FileVault.
- Multiple windows: We all love single-window iTunes-style interfaces, but sometimes you want to compare two different sets of data side-by-side. With iBank 5, you can open any account register or report in a separate window.