This is an elusive bug we are actively working on nailing down. So far we have been unable to reproduce the behavior with our own test files so as a result, this means we can’t implement a fix. If you’ve encountered the bug and have a few minutes, we would love some help! We’ve put together a list of questions that might offer us some more concrete clues in order to recreate the behavior and get a fix implemented.
- Where are you saving your Banktivity Document (data) file on your Mac? If you are not sure, at the top-center part of the Banktivity window, you will see the file name for the Banktivity Document file you are using now. If you Control-Click (or Right-Click) on the file name at the top of the Banktivity window, you will then see a window appear which illustrates where your Banktivity Document file is saved.
- Do you have Cloud Sync set up in Banktivity? Go to File> Manage Banktivity Services> Sync Settings. What do you see there?
- If you do have Cloud Sync set up, how many other devices are you syncing with? And how many devices in total? i.e. Mac’s, iPhone’s, iPad’s
- If you are syncing with Banktivity on multiple Mac’s, are you using the same Banktivity version on all Mac’s? i.e. 7._? You can check the version by going to Banktivity> About Banktivity on each Mac to check the version number. If you discover you are using older versions on any Mac’s feel free to update, but please provide the versions that appear before any updates.
- If you are syncing with multiple iOS devices, are you using the same Banktivity version on all iOS devices? Tap Settings (gear) icon, followed by tapping “About” on each iOS device to check each iOS device to the version number. If you discover you are using older versions on any iOS device’s feel free to update, but please provide the versions that appear before any updates.
- What OS version are you using on your Mac’s and/or iOS devices? From the Mac’s go to > About this Mac. On your iOS devices open the Settings app, then tap “Settings” followed by tapping to “About” and look beside “Software Version”
- Did you upgrade to Banktivity 7 from another version of Banktivity (or iBank)? If so which version did you upgrade from? (If upgrading, were you using Cloud Sync in the previous version?)
- When creating a new statement in Banktivity on the Mac, which setting are you using beside “Automatically select ___________”
- Which connectivity option are you using with this account? Double-Click on the account name from the left side of the Banktivity window, inside the popup window that appears, what does it say beside ‘Automatic Downloads’?
If you are willing to assist us with answers to any of the questions please email the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org