This is an elusive bug we are actively working on nailing down. So far we believe the most likely cause of this issue may be related to syncing with multiple versions of Banktivity. We would recommend making sure you are using the latest version on ALL devices using Banktivity. To check your version in Banktivity on the Mac, go to Banktivity> About Banktivity. To check the version in Banktivity on any iOS devices tap Settings (gear icon) followed by tapping “About”.
If you discover any device not currently using the latest version we would recommend updating. The best way to update Banktivity on the Mac is to go to Banktivity> Check for Updates. On any iOS devices you should be able to update using the App Store app.
After making sure all devices are using the latest version, we would next recommend deleting your existing sync settings and setting up Cloud Sync again. This will allow you to create a new cloud document and encryption password. Please try the following steps:
In Banktivity on the Mac-
1. Go to File> Manage Banktivity Services> Sync Settings
2. Click “Turn Off Syncing”, followed by “Stop Syncing”
3. If you would like to delete the old Cloud Sync Document, go to File> Manage Banktivity Services> Sync Documents, click the “Delete” button beside any old Cloud Documents you would like to delete. When finished click “Done”. If you would not like to delete the old Cloud Sync Document, skip this step.
4. Go to File> Manage Banktivity Services> Sync Setup
5. Enter a Cloud document name for your new Cloud Sync Document (any name you like), then click “Continue”.
6. Enter and confirm an encryption password for your new Cloud Document, then click “Continue”
7. Your data should now sync to the Cloud Sync Server. Depending on the amount of data, this may tale a few minutes. When finished, click “Done”.
In Banktivity on your iOS device(s)-
1. Tap “<Close” or “<Back” until you see “Create a new document”
2. Tap “Create a new document”
3. Enter a name for the new document (any name you like), then tap “Continue”
4. Tap “Open Cloud Sync Document”
5. Sign in to your Banktivity ID account.
6. Tap on your Cloud Document
7. Enter the encryption password for your Cloud Document (the same password you entered in step 6 from the Mac above), then tap “Continue”. Depending on the amount of data, this may tale a few minutes. When finished, tap “Done”.
To delete the old document on the iOS device tap “<Close” or “<Back” until you see your documents listed. Swipe on the old document name from right to left, then you will see a “Delete” button appear, tap the “Delete” button to delete that document.